• Fret leveling and refretting
• Nut and saddle work and fixing intonation problems
• Repair of cracks, breaks, unglued parts and finishes
• French polish
• Installation of tap plate (golpeador) and undersaddle pickup
• Installation of tuning machines and pegs
• Restoration of vintage guitars
I review all repair and restoration work in person and then provide an estimate. For long-distance jobs, I can review detailed photos to provide a rough estimate, and then you would ship the instrument to me.
There are usually a couple of ways to approach a repair depending on the type of work you want and need. Quicker work is less expensive but also focuses less on cosmetics. Thorough work is more expensive, and then some instruments just need more work than others.
Some of my past repair work: